Nokia has just announced the Lumia 525 in India at the 6th Annual Strategy Sharing Summit in Goa. The Lumia 525 is the successor of the most popular Lumia 520, which is the cheapest Lumia smartphone. Main upgrade is the RAM, which has been upgraded from 512MB to 1GB. It was unveiled last month and has a 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) IPS display at 235 ppi, super sensitive touch for finger nail and glove use and is powered by a 1 GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor. It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera with 720p HD video recording, packs 1430 mAh battery.
Nokia Lumia 525 Specifications
- 4-inch (800 x 480 pixels) IPS display at 235 ppi
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor (MSM8227) with Adreno 305 GPU
- Windows Phone 8 OS with Lumia Black
- 5MP Auto Focus camera with 720p HD video recording
- 9.9 mm thick and weighs 124g
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, up to 64GB expandable memory with microSD
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / aGPS
- 1430mAh battery
The Nokia Lumia 525 would be available in glossy Orange, White, Yellow and matte black colors along with exchangeable shells. It would go on sale across India in the first week of January 2014. Nokia did not announce the pricing yet, which would be revealed closer to the launch. It went on sale in Singapore at a price tag of SG$249 (~Rs. 12,280), so we can expect it be priced close to it, when it launches here.