While Nokia announced the Lumia 1520 in India earlier this week, all eyes are set on its lower priced sibling ie the Lumia 1320. The handset couples a 6 inch display with more mid range specifications and aims to compete at a price point dominated by Android phablets.
There’s no doubt that phablets are not just a fad but have become a legitimate category of products for people who desire a crossover between a phone and a tablet. With the 1320, Nokia aims to get a foothold in this market. The specifications of the product include:
- 6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD LCD IPS Super sensitive display and Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.7 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400processor
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 5MP Auto Focus camera with LED flash, 1080p HD recording at 30 fps
- VGA front-facing camera
- Dimensions – 164.25 x 85.9 x 9.79 mm Weight – 220 grams
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card support up to 64GB
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio,
- HD Voice, HAAC mic
- 4G LTE/ 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, GPS / aGPS, NFC
- 3400 mAh (integrated)
The international pricing for the handset is $339 and we’re expecting a sub Rs. 25,000 pricing for India as well which would make it quite an interesting product. The phone will go on sale in India sometime in the second half of January.