Micromax already confirmed the existence of the Canvas Turbo by signing up Hugh Jackman as its brand ambassador. Now the twitter user MMXNewscaster has posted press images of the Canvas Magnus A117, the company’s upcoming Canvas Smartphone. This is rumored to come with a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor and run on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It would come with a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It is expected o come with Dual SIM support with dual standby similar to other Micromax smartphones. According to the MMXNewscaster, the rear back panel seems to be made of aluminium which is removable.
Micromax Magnus A117 rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD capacitive touch screen IPS display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory upto 32GB with MicroSD
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS
- 2000 mAh battery
It is not clear when Micromax plans to launch the Canvas Magnus A117 or how much it would cost. Looks like this might launch ahead of the Canvas Turbo A250.