Nokia Asha 500 full touch phone with new transparent design announced
Nokia has announced the Asha 500, a new phone in the Asha series at the Nokia world event in Abu Dhabi. The phone has new crystal-clear look fusion of ice-like transparency and bold inner color. It comes with a 2.8-inch QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) and is based on the latest Nokia Asha software platform with Swipe UI. It has a 2 MP rear camera, Nokia Fast lane multi-tasking screen that brings all the recent activities together. It also comes in Dual SIM variant, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth and FM Radio.
It comes with 10 free downloadable games from the Nokia store, Nokia Express Browser that compresses data up to 90% and comes with WhatsApp, Foursquare, Facebook and Twitter apps. It has 2G (EDGE), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n , Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM for quick sharing.
Nokia Asha 500 specifications
- 2.8-inch QVGA 320 x 240 pixels display
- 2MP rear camera
- Dimensions: 100.3mm x 58.1mm x 12.8mm; Weight: 101.3 g
- Dual SIM (optional), with 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM and FM Radio
- Nokia Asha software platform with Swipe UI
- 10 free Games downloadable from Nokia Store
- 64MB RAM; up to 32GB micro SD card support
- 1200 mAh battery with up to 14 hours of talk time and up to 22 days of standby
The Nokia Asha 500 comes in Bright Red, Bright Green, Cyan, Yellow, White and Black colors and is priced at US$69 (~Rs. 4250) before taxes or subsidies. It would roll out in Q4 2013 starting from Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.