iBall had been teasing their projector phone for over a week. The iBall Andi 4a Projector has appeared on the official website. It has a 4.0-inch (480×800 pixels) display, powered by 1 GHz Dual-Core Cortex A9 Processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel Auto focus camera with flash and a front-facing camera for video calling. It has 35 lumens projector that allows users to project digital media instantly up to 10 feet or 120-inch wide at a distance of 8 feet in VGA (480 x 640 pixels) resolution. The projector has a contrast ratio of 1200:1.
Intex was the first company to launch a projector phone back in 2010. Spice launched the Popkron M-9000 later in 2011. Even Samsung launched the Galaxy Beam last year. iBall says that the Andi 4a Projector is the first smartphone to offer 35 lumens projection.
iBall Andi 4a Projector Specifications
- 4.0-inch (480×800 pixels) display
- 35 lumens projector with VGA projection up to 10 feet by 8 feet
- 1 GHz Dual-Core Cortex A9 Processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM support with dual standby
- 8MP Auto focus camera with LED flash
- front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 512MB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory (2GB user memory), expandable memory up to 32GB via micro SD card slot
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth with A2DP, GPS / aGPS
- 1500 mAh battery
The iBall Andi 4a Projector would be priced at an MRP Rs. 18,999 according to the official website. It also comes with a free tripod.