Microsoft has finally launched the Office app for Office 365 users using Android smartphones. Microsoft launched the Office Mobile for iPhone back in June. This would let you open and edit Microsoft Office documets such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. It also has support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes just like the desktop app. You can open documents in the cloud on SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro. You can edit and view documents offline but you need to be connected to the internet to save the changes on the cloud.
Features of Microsoft Office Mobile iPhone
- Access Office documents that are stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.
- Documents recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
- View and edit Office documents attached to email messages.
- Support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
- When opening a Word document from SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading.
- The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
- Make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
- View and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Changes will be saved online when you go online.
- Create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
- Review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
- Send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
Download Microsoft Office for Android phones from the Google Play Store for free. You need a Office 365 subscription to use this app.The app is currently available only in the U.S . Microsoft says that the app would be available for the international markets in the next several weeks. It didn’t reveal if they would release the app for Android tablets.