Sony has officially launched the Xperia Z Ultra, the company’s latest smartphones in the Xperia series. Sony unveiled the Z Ultra last month and it went on sale in India online last week. The Xperia Z Ultra has a 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with with X-Reality engine, powered by 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance. It has pen input that recognizes input from a pen or pencil since it has handwriting recognition software . It is the world’s slimmest Full HD 1080p smartphone – at just 6.5 mm thick.
It comes bundled with Sony media apps such as Sony Music music and the Sony LIV video streaming app. Sony has partnered with Gameloft to offer Asphalt 7 game that comes per-installed in the device.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra specifications
- 6.4 inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Pen input with stylus
- 8MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, HDR photos & videos, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 6.5mm thick and weighs 212 grams
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3050mAh Battery
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is priced at an MRP of Rs. 46990. We already know that the MOP (Best Buy price) of the device is Rs. 44,990. The Xperia Z Ultra comes in black, white and purple colors and would be available across India from August 2nd. Check out our Xperia Z Ultra hands-on.