HTC Desire 500 with 4.3-inch display, quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor announced
HTC has announced the Desire 500, a mid-range Android smartphone in Taiwan. It has a 4.3-inch (480 × 800 pixels) display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor and runs on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with Sense 5. It has a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and BSI sensor and a 1.6-megapixel front-facing camera with BSI sensor. It has BlinkFeed and Video Highlight software and comes with Beats Audio support, but it lacks BoomSound that was present in the Desire 600. It also comes with Dual SIM and NFC support based on the region.
HTC Desire 500 specifications
- 4.3-inch (480 × 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 Processor
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- 8MP Auto Focus rear Camera with LED flash, 1/3.2″ sensor, F 2.0 aprture, BSI Sensor, 720p video recording
- 1.6MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Beats Audio
- 3G (HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS, NFC (Optional)
- 1GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, Expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- 1800 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 500 is priced at 11,900 New Taiwan Dollar (~Rs. 23,755) and would go on sale in Taiwan on August 1st. Since the phone has been listed on the global HTC website we can expect the phone to launch in global markets.