Nokia Lumia 625 with 4.7-inch display, dual-core processor goes official
Nokia has announced the Lumia 625, a mid-range affordable Lumia smartphone and a successor of the Lumia 620. Images and specifications of the device leaked earlier today. It has a 4.7-inch (800 x 480 pixels) LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection, Sunlight Readability Enhancement, High Brightness Mode, Color Enhancement and Super Sensitive Touch, powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8930 processor and runs on the latest Windows Phone 8 OS with the latest Amber update.
It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4 aperture, 1080p video recording, Nokia Smart Camera, Nokia Cinemagraph and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera. It also comes with 4G LTE support in select regions. It has Nokia Music and Here Maps. The phone has pebble design with curved edges and matte finish on the back cover. There are optional interchangeable shells that are constructed of a single piece of translucent polycarbonate.
Nokia Lumia 625 specifications
- 4.7-inch (800 x 480 pixels) display at 201 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8930 processor
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 5MP Auto Focus camera with LED flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 9.2mm thick and weighs 159grams
- 512MB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / aGPS,,A-GPS+GLONASS
- 2000 mAh battery
The Nokia Lumia 625 comes in orange, yellow, bright green, white and black colors with changeable shells. It is priced at 220 Euros (~Rs. 17,305) before taxes and subsidies and would go on sale in China, Europe, Asia Pacific, India, Middle East, Africa and Latin America in Q3 2013.