Sony has launched the Xperia SP, the company’s latest Android smartphone in the Xperia range in India. It was announced last month and packs a 4.6-inch 720p HD Reality Display with with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, powered by a 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960Pro processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS sensor and a VGA front-facing camera.
The Xperia SP has a aluminium frame and colour-changing transparent element with customized illuminations which can be personalized to alert you of incoming calls and text messages. It has One-touch functions with NFC to display content on your TV or to share music and photos between devices and Battery STAMINA Mode for optimum battery life.
Sony Xperia SP specifications
- 4.6-inch (1280×720 pixels) HD Reality Display with with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 at 319 ppi
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.7 GHz Dual-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960Pro processor
- 8 MP camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS sensor for HDR images, 1080p video recording
- VGA front-facing camera
- 9.98 mm thick and weighs 155g
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, DNLA, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL, NFC
- 2370 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia SP comes in White and Black colors and is priced at Rs. 27490 (MRP). It comes with a free premium case worth Rs. 1,990. It would be available Sony Centers and leading mobile stores across India starting from mid-April. It comes pre-loaded with the Sony Music music streaming app would offer 6 months unlimited music streaming and the Sony LIV video streaming app would let you watch over 77 Sony TV shows.