Sony XPERIA Z and ZL Pre-Order Prices revealed in India, shipping in March 3rd week
Flipkart recently revealed the pre order price for the soon-to-be launched Nokia Lumia 620, and today, they have done it again, by announcing pre order prices of the Sony Xperia Z and Sony Xperia ZL which are slated to be announced tomorrow, at a special event. The pre order prices are listed as Rs 38,990 for the Xperia Z and Rs. 35,990 for the Xperia ZL. Flipkart also reveals that the estimated delivery would be 3rd week of March, from which we can safely assume that the retail launch will be some time around the exact time frame. The Xperia Z and the Xperia ZL were announced at the Consumer Electronics show in January and have been since much awaited in the Indian market.
The Xperia Z is a waterproof and a slimmed down version of the Xperia ZL, which has a removable battery cover and is slightly bulky. That’s about the differences between both of these devices, and the internals they share are very common. The specifications of the Xperia Z are -
- 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Reality display with mobile Bravia Engine 2
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.2
- 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm APQ 8064 processor with Adreno 320 GPU
- 13 MP camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS sensor for HDR images and video
- 2.2 MP 720p front-facing camera
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP55 and IP57)
- 7.9mm thick and weighs 146g
- One-touch mirroring
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC
- 2330 mAh battery
We recently had a hands on experience with the device, you can watch that below -
In our short hands on time, the USP of the device, the 5 inch 1080p display felt quite underwhelming. Otherwise, it’s a great phone and we already have it in our labs for extensive testing and review, so do look forward to our coverage of it.