Motorola XOOM getting Android 3.1 update in India
Motorola India has officially announced that the Indian Motorola Xoom owners will get Android 3.1 Over the Air (OTA) update on 29th July 2011. This Android 3.1 update activates the SD card slot to expand the external memory up to 64GB using MicroSD. Other features include improved multi-tasking, re-sizable widgets and lots more.
Features of Android 3.1
- Improved multi-tasking to run several application in the background
- Resizable home screen widgets for Gmail, Calendar and Browser
- Keyboard and mouse input support over Bluetooth
- Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads via USB or Bluetooth
- Easy USB image transfer directly to the gallery
- High-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
- Comes with pre-loaded Flash player and File Manager
The notification will be available as the update rolls out on 29th July 2011 as a Over the Air (OTA) that is of size 40MB. You can also check for updates manually by going to Settings > About Tablet > System Updates. Other countries that receives this update include Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.