After rumors HMD Global recently announced that the Nokia X (TA-1099) with a notch and an 19:9 aspect ratio display will be announced on May 16th in China and also showcased the phone at the Sanlitun experience store. However, it did not reveal the specifications of the phone at that time. Now the phone has been certified by TENAA in China that confirms all the specifications.
This reveals a 5.8-inch display with a notch and an 19:9 aspect ratio, 1.8GHz Octa-Core SoC, which should be Snapdragon 636 as rumored earlier, with up to 6GB RAM, Android 8.1 (Oreo), 16-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary rear camera, 16-megapixel front camera and a 3000mAh battery.
Nokia X rumored specifications
- 5.8-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB internal storage / 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary rear camera
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 147.2×70.98×7.99; Weight: 151g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
The Nokia X is expected to come in Blue, Black and Silver colors and will go on sale from online retailer Suning in China. We should know the price when the phone goes official next Wednesday.