Xiaomi just announced Mi MIX 2S, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in the Mi MIX series in Shanghai, as it had promised. It has a 5.99-inch Full HD+ display, is powered by Snapdragon 845 with up to 8GB RAM, support for Google ARCore and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with support for AI voice assistant. It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, OIS, Dual Pixel auto focus and a secondary 12-megapixel rear camera for AI portraits and has AI scene recognition that can detect 25 categories and 206 kinds of scenes. The 5-megapixel front camera, which as been moved to the bottom part of the phone. It has support for AI portrait selfies with real-time background blur and the phone also has face unlock.
The company said that it scored 101 in DxO Mark for photo and 88 for video and the overall DxO Mark score is 97. It has a ceramic body with an aluminium frame, has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3400mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging as well as wireless charging. It has support for 43 global bands and has network support in 226 regions.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display with DCI-P3 color gamut
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with 46mm telephoto lens, 1/3.4″ sensor size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 5MP front-facing camera with real-time AI portraits
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 150.86×74.9x 8.1 mm; Weight: 189g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with QC 3.0 fast charging, 7.5W Qi wireless charging
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S comes in Ceramic White and Ceramic Black colors, is priced at 3299 yuan (US$ 527 / Rs. 34,170 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 3599 yuan (US$ 575 / Rs. 37,280 approx.) for the 128GB version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 639 / Rs. 41,420 approx.) which also comes bundled with wireless charger worth 99 yuan (US$ 16 / Rs. 1,025 approx.) that can be purchased separately. It will be available order starting today and goes on sale in China from April 3rd.