HMD Global announced Nokia 6 (2018) and the successor of last year’s Nokia 6 China last month. Today at its MWC 2018 it introduced another Nokia 6 smartphone for global markets, which is an Android One smartphone. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, is powered by Snapdragon 630 Mobile platform, runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo), has a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, ZEISS optics and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a unibody metal design made of 6000 series aluminium and has Nokia’s Dual Sight / Bothie feature and will get face unlock through OTA update in Q2. It packs a 3000mAh battery with support for fast charging that can charge the phone up to 50% in 30 minutes.
New Nokia 6 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 148.8 x 75.8 x 8.6mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C (2.0)
- 3000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The new Nokia 6 comes in Black / Copper, White / Iron and Blue / Gold colors, starts at 249 Euros (US$ 306 / Rs. 19810 approx.) and will roll out from early April.