Huawei’s Honor brand just announced Honor V9 Play, the company’s latest budget smartphone, as it had promised. It packs a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor, runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1 top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a unibody metal design, comes with a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.4 seconds and a 3000mAh built-in battery.
Honor V9 Play specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display with 65% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, 5P lens
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 147.9×73.2×7.65mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery
The Honor V9 Play comes in Gold, Rose Gold, Red, Blue and Black colors, is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 153 / Rs. 9830 approx.) for the 3GB RAM version and the 4GB RAM version costs 1199 yuan (US$ 184 / Rs. 11790 approx.). It is now available for order in China and goes on sale from September 12th.