At the Lenovo K8 Plus launch event Anuj Sharma, Product Marketing Head, Lenovo MBG India said that the company will launch the K8 smartphone in the country soon. It will have a 5.2-inch HD screen, will be powered by MediaTek Helio P20 SoC and run Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) stock Android.
It will come with a single 13-megapixel rear camera, compared to dual camera arrangement on the K8 Note and K8 Plus, but this will have the same 8-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash and dedicated, customizable Music Key. It will have Lenovo’s usual Theatermax tech and Dolby Atmos, feature a metal unibody design, have dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots, fingerprint sensor on the back and a 4000mAh battery that promises up to 2 days of battery life and comes with 10W fast charger.
Lenovo K8 specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P20 Octa-Core 64-bit 16nm processor with ARM Mali T880 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Dolby Atmos
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.9 x 73.7 x 8.55 mm; Weight: 165g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB OTG
- 4000mAh battery
The Lenovo K8 will come in Venom Black and Fine Gold colors and will be available from offline stores across India soon. We should know the price when it launches in the coming weeks.