Samsung just announced Galaxy Note8 smartphone at its New York event, as it had promised. It comes with a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity Display – an end-to-end, bezel-less screen that extends to the phone’s sides, similar to the S8 series. It is also the first flagship phone from Samsung to come with dual rear cameras. It has a 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens and a 12-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture and telephoto lens offering 2x optical zoom. Both have OIS
It has Iris scanner, fingerprint sensor as well as heart rate monitor, similar to the predecessor and is also water resistant up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings. It also has Bixby assistant that was first introduced with the S8 series and also has a dedicated Bixby hardware button. It recently rolled out Bixby voice globally.
It also has an improved S Pen stylus with finer tip, improved pressure sensitivity and also now lets you share animated texts or drawings across platforms that support animated GIFs. It also has improved S Pen Translate feature lets you hover over text to quickly translate entire sentences in up to 71 languages, and instantly convert units and foreign currencies.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 specifications
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB/128GB/256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens, OIS, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, f2.4 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm; Weight: 195g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
The Samsung Galaxy Note8 comes in Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue colors will be available starting mid-September globally. In the U.S. it will be available for pre-order from August 24th through most carries and ships from September 15th.
The phone will cost $929 (Rs. 59,502 approx.) in the U.S., £869 (US$ 1110 / Rs. 71,190 approx.) in UK and €999 (US$ 1179 / Rs. 75,550 approx.) in Europe. Check out more details about pricing for different carriers here."Samsung Galaxy Note8 with 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Infinity display, 6GB RAM, dual rear cameras announced",