Spice brand, a joint venture between Transsion Holdings, popular for its leading mobile brands including TECNO, itel and Infinix, and Spice Mobility has introduced a new portfolio of 8 mobile devices including 5 feature phones and 3 smartphones. It has been almost 2 years since it launched a new phone.
The new product portfolio are segmented as F Series (Music, fun, fashion), K series (Creative & fashion), V Series (Value premium, with focus on performance and camera), and Z series (feature phones) that are priced between Rs. 850 to Rs. 9,500.
Spice will be offering 1-year replacement warranty for all its devices and will also leverage the distribution strength created for itel and TECNO in India.
Features and pricing of new Spice phones
- F301 and F302 (with Fingerprint sensor) – Rs. 5590 and Rs. 6290
- K601 with fingerprint sensor and 2GB RAM – Rs. 7290
- Z Series feature phones with FM radio big battery, King Voice to navigate through smart keypad devices, assisted by voice support.
- Z102 and Z101 – Rs. 1180 and Rs. 1240
- Z201 and Z202 with 2500mAh battery offering 35 hrs of talktime and more than 500 hrs of standby time and Z301 with Dual Speakers – Rs. 1625, Rs. 1690 and Rs. 1850
V Series will also come with a fingerprint sensor, but new devices in the series will be announced later. These 8 phones will be available in New Delhi starting 11th July, 2017. We should know the detailed specs of the phones next week.
Commenting on the launch, Sudhir Kumar, CEO, Spice Mobile under Transsion Group, said:
We are extremely excited to announce the all new Spice product portfolio today. With the launch of the series, we have taken a step closer in creating an inclusive yet all-new powerful and rich digital experience for the young generation of India. Aligned with the brand identity and philosophy, Spice brand wants to fuel the existing culture of sharing amongst the Indian youth. With easy to use features, these devices offer enhanced sharing capabilities to create new aspirations which will help in connecting the next billion. We are sure that we will create a new segment in the Indian market with the robust range of products and services.
"Spice comes back, launches new phones priced between Rs. 850 and Rs. 9500",