Samsung launched its flagship Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones in India last month for Rs. 57,900 and Rs. 64,900, respectively. Today it has launched 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version of the S8+ in the country that costs about Rs. 10,000 more than the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version.
Other specifications including 6.2-inch Quad HD+ infinity screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back, Iris scanne, fingerprint sensor, heart rate monitor and water-resistant body are same as the original version.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ specifications
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1mm; Weight: 173g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy S8+ 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version comes in Midnight Black color, is priced at Rs. 74,990 and will be available through e-commerce portals like Flipkart and retail stores across India from June 9th.
Commenting on the launch of new version, Asim Warsi, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
The resounding success of the recently launched Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+ underscores the unmatched superiority of Samsung in the premium smartphone segment. The new Galaxy S8+ variant with its best in class 6GB RAM & 128GB internal memory, will give our consumers the freedom to do infinitely more. It is the ultimate device for power users who aspire to explore new possibilities, are always on top of their game and for whom multi-tasking is a way of life.