Meizu just announced M5s, an upgraded version of last year’s m3s smartphone an event in China, as it had promised. It packs a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a 1.3GHz octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with FlyMe OS 6.0 on the top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that lets you focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as a microSD slot when required, comes with 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE, packs a mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, has a unibody metal design and a 3000mAh battery built-in battery with support for fast charging that lets you charge up to 56% in just 36 minutes.
Meizu m5s specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display with 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.3 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor with Mali-T760 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, Sony sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 72.5 x 8.4mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu m5s comes in Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold and Star Gray colors, is priced at 799 yuan (US$ 116 / Rs. 7790 approx.) for the 16GB version and 999 yuan (US$ 145 / Rs. 9730 approx.) for the 32GB version. It will go on sale in China starting from February 20th.