Xiaomi has finally launched its Redmi Note 4 smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, similar to the Redmi Note 3, but this is powered by a an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC, instead of Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 processor on the Redmi Note 3. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8 top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has brushed metal body with chamfered edges, hybrid dual SIM support, fingerprint sensor on the back, 4G LTE connectivity along with support for VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) and packs a 4100mAh battery. Xiaomi says that based on their test, the Redmi Note 4 offers 25% more battery life compared to Redmi Note 3.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (eMMC 5.0) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, Sony IMX258/Samsung S5K3L8 sensor, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.45mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes in Gold and Dark Gray colors. It will also be available in Matte Black color version sometime in the third week on February. It is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 2GB RAM with 32GB storage version, Rs. 10,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 12,999. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart and Mi.com starting from 23rd January, 12 noon. Check our Redmi Note 4 Review here.
Commenting on the launch, Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra said:
"Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with 5.5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 625 launched in India starting at Rs. 9999",
We are really thankful to everyone who made Redmi Note 3 one of the most popular devices in 2016. The immense appreciation we received and the feedback from our Mi fans motivated us to take it to the next level with Redmi Note 4. 2016 was a huge success for Xiaomi as we crossed US$1 billion worth of revenue in the year, and 2017 will be more significant as we strive towards achieving new milestones and introducing many more exciting new products in India.