Samsung Galaxy A9 pricing surfaces in China
Samsung introduced the Galaxy A9, its top-end ‘Galaxy A’ series smartphone with a 6-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 SoC, 13-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) and a fingerprint sensor in China last week, but it did not announce the pricing or the release date at the event. Now a weibo user (Via) has got hold of the pricing of the smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A9 specifications
- 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass
- Octa Core Snapdragon 652 (620) processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage, expandable memory upto 128GB via micro SD card
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP rear camera, OIS, S5K3L2 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.1, ANT+, NFC
- 4000mAh battery, Fast Charging
The Samsung Galaxy A9 is rumored to be priced at 3199 yuan ( $494 / Rs. 32730 approx.) in China. This pricing might be due to the Galaxy S6-like metal and glass design and features such as fingerprint sensor and a huge AMOLED display. Samsung has still not officially announced the pricing and the launch date of the smartphone.
[Update: Samsung has confirmed the pricing of the Galaxy A9 as 3199 yuan ( $494 / Rs. 32730 approx.) in China]