HTC announced the One A9 for India at an event last month. Today the company has launched the smartphone in the country exclusively on Snapdeal. To remind you, the One A9 packs a 5-inch 1080p AMOLED display, Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense UI on top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), RAW image capture and an Ultrapixel front-facing camera.
HTC One A9 Specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, OIS, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 145.75 x 70.8 x 7.26mm; Weight: 143g
- Multi-directional fingerprint sensor
- 24-bit, 192kHz supported by Hi-Fi DAC, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, NFC
- 2150mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC One A9 comes in Carbon Gray and Pearl Silver colors in India and is priced at Rs. 29,990. It will be available for pre-order through Snapdeal starting from 9 AM tomorrow, December 9th till December 14th and will be available from December 15th. We went hands on with the smartphone recently, check out the hands-on impressions and the photo gallery of the One A9.
Commenting on the launch, Faisal Siddiqui, President, HTC South Asia, said:
Melding the best of HTC’s acclaimed design and innovation with the latest from Google’s Android, this is a stunning, no-compromise smartphone that stands out from the crowd. Built for people who want a better choice, the HTC One A9 is a smartphone that combines striking design on the outside with the newest features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense on the inside to create an unrivaled smartphone experience.
Tony Navin, Senior Vice President, Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives. Snapdeal said:
We are thrilled to launch the HTC One A9 in India. This is a great addition to our smartphone offerings, given the success of this phone overseas. We are confident that this phone will be well received by our customers across Metros, Tier-1 & Tier-2 towns & cities.