Xiaomi has introduced the MIUI 7 globally at an event in India, after it was introduced in China last week. Xiaomi said that MIUI has over 150 million users in over 156 countries and regions in just 5 years. Check out some of the main features below. Also check out top 10 features in the MIUI 7.
Highlights of MIUI 7
- 4 different system themes, Rose, Pink Blush, Ocean Breeze, High Life, in addition to the default one
- MUSE Theme creation tool lets designers create themes without any programming
- XXL Text size that adjusts conversation layouts, line breaks to provide greater readability
- Mute specific notifications separately
- Identify a OTP (one time password) from SMS to easily copy and paste it
- Optimized system response time by loading data and app animation in parallel. About 30% faster compared to MIUI 6
- Improved battery life by up to 25% compared to MIUI 6 and 10% better battery life for daily use by individually optimizing CPU scheduling mechanism and strict background power management for popular apps
- Interactive Visual Response (IVR) in India for banking, booking air tickets and more from 50 Indian partners.
- New HD wallpapers, with 10 pre-set available on Daily Lock screen rotation (Only for India)
- Baby album groups baby photos in your camera roll conveniently in once place, so you can browse and share pictures easily
- Child Mode limits access to personal information like emails and messages, so that children can access applications only you give access to
- For Mi Band users, it switches your phone to Do Not Disturb (DND) mode automatically when it detects that you’re asleep.
- Showtime can record a short video loop on your phone and exchange contact card with friends. (Rolling out in coming months.)
- Supports 10 Indian languages – Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese and Punjabi
- Data Saver powered by Opera Max compresses browser and in-app media saving up to 50% of data usage. (Coming in September)
Xiaomi also confirmed that the MIUI 7 will adopt the same Android OS that is already present in the Xiaomi smartphone. So, for the Mi 4i that is running on MIUI 6 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop), the MIUI 7 will also be based on Lollipop, for other smartphones that are running on MIUI 6 based on Android 4.4 (KikKat), the new MIUI 7 will be based on KitKat.
The MIUI 7 developer beta ROM and OTA update will be available for beta testers for Redmi 1s, Redmi 2, Mi 4i, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi Note 3G and Redmi Note 4G starting from August 24th. Interested users with Mi Note can apply through MIUI forum here. It will be released to public after it’s more stable, said the company."Xiaomi MIUI 7 introduced globally, Beta ROMs available August 24",