Micromax has launched the Canvas Hue (AQ5000), the company’s latest smartphone in the Canvas series. It has a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) AMOLED display, is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is upgradable to Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It features a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
Commenting on the launch, Vineet Taneja, Chief Executive Officer, Micromax said,
At Micromax, customer centricity has always been at the core of developing products. With an AMOLED HD screen, users are guaranteed of a life-like viewing experience through more vivid colors and a crystal clear display. The Canvas Hue is a perfect blend of premium design, seamless efficiency and superior technology that supports the needs of the ever evolving consumers. With the launch of the Canvas Hue, we have again looked at addressing one of the most important needs of the Indian consumers, which is of an extended battery life. We will continue to enrich the consumer experience by delivering state-of-the-art products & services, reinforcing our commitment to raise the bar of affordable innovation in the country.
Micromax Canvas Hue specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 4.4 (KitKat), upgradable to Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, Sony sensor
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Micromax Canvas Hue comes in White and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 10,999. It will be available across India from 16th January.