LG unveiled the G Pro 2, successor of the G Pro ahead of Mobile World Congress last month. It went on sale in Korea at the end of February, even before it was showcased at the MWC. The company today announced that it has started selling the smartphones in Asian markets including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Philippine, Vietnam and Indonesia. It was showcased at the LG Tech Show 2014 event in India earlier this month, but the company did not reveal the launch date of the yet.
The G Pro 2 has a 5.9-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with slim bezel, powered by a 2.26 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS+, 4K Ultra HD video recording and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. It has high-power 1W Hi-Fi sound that is 30% louder than G Pro, Knock ON with Knock Code, a new customizable option to unlock the phone and lots more features.
LG G Pro 2 specifications
- 5.9-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display with slim bezel
- 2.26 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dimensions – 157.9 x 81.9 x 8.3mm, weight: 172g
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS+, 4K video recording, Slow motion video at 120 fps
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera
- 3GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB of internal memory, micro SD card slot
- LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS / aGPS, NFC, SlimPort
- 3200 mAh battery (removable)
The LG G Pro 2 comes in Titan, White and Red colors. Check out the LG G Pro 2 hands-on from the MWC.