SanDisk Corporation has announced the company’s new 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-I (Class 10) memory card for smartphones and tablets at the MWC 2014. This is the world’s largest capacity microSD card for smart devices. The first 128MB micro SD card was launched in 2004, it took just 10 years to bring memory capacity of 128GB.
Highlights of 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC memory card
- Performance/speed: Up to 30MB/s read speed
- Dimensions: 15 mm x 11 mm x 1.0 mm
- Easily view, access, and backup all of their files with SanDisk Memory Zone App
- 16 memory die are vertically stacked, each are thinner than a strand of hair.
- Compatibility: Compatible with microSDHC and microSDXC supporting host devices
Commenting on the launch, Susan Park, director, retail product marketing, SanDisk, said
The new SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card again demonstrates how SanDisk continues to expand the possibilities of storage so that consumers can benefit from our latest technology advancements. With 128GB of removable storage, consumers will enjoy the freedom to capture and save whatever they want on a smartphone or tablet, without worrying about running out of storage space.
The SanDisk Memory Zone in the SanDisk Memory Zone App also has OptiMem, a new feature to enhance their phone’s internal memory by automatically transferring old photos and videos to microSD card and also warns when the internal memory falls below a pre-defined threshold. The card comes in capacities ranging from 8GB to 128GB with MSRPs of $29.99 to $199.99..