HTC is holding an event at the MWC 2014 where it will not be announcing its next flagship, but it hasn’t come empty handed. HTC has just announced a couple of Android smartphones. One among the two is the HTC Desire 816. HTC Desire 816 is the International variant of the HTC Desire 8 which HTC had announced a few weeks back in China. We are live from the event and we managed to get a few photos of the HTC Desire 816.
The specifications of the HTC Desire 816 are as follows
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8926) processor
- Android with HTC Sense 5.5
- Dual SIM (optional)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2, 1080p HD recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 720p HD recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with micro SD
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
The design language is quite interesting and it takes after the company’s flagship HTC One with front facing stereo speakers. However, that is where the similarities end and the HTC Desire 816 comes in a glossy plastic finish. You can check out the entire photo gallery right below.
The HTC Desire 816 comes in range of colors like Black, White, Red, Green and Purple colors and HTC hopes to launch the dual SIM variant in India soon.