Metis Learning, an education start-up has launched Eddy, the company’s first Android-based learning tablet for kids. The tablet comes with 150 learning games that are linked to school curriculum, covering key learning areas including language, math and creativity. These games are highly engaging, violence-free and enjoyable for children. It is targeted at children aged 2-10 years and has educator-selected learning content.
Features of Metis Eddy tablet
- Kid safe platform – Violence free & parent controlled environment, the Eddy zone.
- Time Management – Parents have complete control on the amount of time their child spends on Eddy.
- Multiple profiles – Allows parents to create 3 child profiles with different settings, to ensure that each child has a personalized learning experience.
- Access to Google Play
- Food grade, shock absorbing cover reduces the possibility of damage
Metis Eddy tablet specifications
- 7-inch (1024 x 600 pixels) 5 point multi-touch display
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Cortex A9 processor
- 2MP rear camera
- 0.3MP (VGA) front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, Built-in Mic
- 3G (via dongle),WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, mini HDMI out, USB OTG
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory , 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 3200 mAh battery
Commenting on Eddy’s launch, Bharat Gulia, CEO, Metis Learning said
There is no denying the fact that today’s 21st century child lives in a world of technology. However, parents are frustrated with the current technology options available and the negative influences of technology. Eddy introduces the concept of responsible technology, ensuring a safe and controlled technology experience for children with a strong focus on learning.
The Eddy tablet is available in Gorgeous green and Playful Pink colors and comes at an introductory price of Rs. 9,999. It is exclusively available on eddytablet.com and amazon.in. The tablet is currently being used in select schools in India and has been extensively tested by 500+ children.