While the tech industry is eagerly awaiting the launch of pocket and wallet friendly Motorola Moto G in India, Motorola has made the Grip shells available for Moto G in the US where the phone is already on sale. Motorola Moto G will be the first Motorola smartphone in India in a long time and it plans to take on the mid-range smartphone market that is currently dominated by likes of Indian manufacturers like Micromax, Karbonn, Xolo and others.
Motorola Moto G offers value for money in terms of its specifications and pricing. The following are the specifications of Moto G
- 4.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) edge-to-edge display at 329 ppi with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) with option to upgrade to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP rear camera with LED flash, 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- 1.3MP front-facing camera
- 6.0-11.6 mm thick (curve) and weighs 143 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 720p HD video playback
- 1GB RAM, 8GB/16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, GLONASS
- 2070 mAh battery
We recently reviewed the device and found it be of great value for the money. Motorola Moto G is expected to arrive in India by the end of this month and we believe it will also come along with a lot of accessories among which the Grip Shell is one. Motorola Moto G comes with a removable back cover, but non-replaceable battery. Since the cover is replaceable, you can choose to replace the back cover with a number of other choices.
The grip shell is on sale at USD$19.99 in the US.