Gionee has started teasing the Gpad 4, the company’s upcoming smartphone in the Gpad series on their Facebook page. Unlike the other phones in the Gpad series, the Gpad 4 is a large screen phablet. It has a 5.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD one-glass solution (OGS) display, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek 6589T processor with PowerVR SGX 544MP GPU and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 28mm wide angle lens. It has aluminium body, packs a 3200 mAh battery and comes with in-built Digital Theatre System (DTS) Sound.
Gionee Gpad 4 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display based on OGS technology
- 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek 6589T processor with PowerVR SGX 544MP GPU
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture and 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 7.95mm thick
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS
- 3200 mAh battery
The Gionee Gpad 4 comes in Polar White color and is already on sale in China under a different name priced at 2499 Chinese Yuan (~Rs. 26,000). Since the Elife E6 was launched in India at an MRP of Rs. 22,999 in India, much cheaper than the Chinese launch price of 2699 Chinese Yuan, the Gpad 4 is also likely to launch similar to the price range of the Elife E6 in India.