Xiaomi has announced the most expected Mi3, successor of the Mi2 that was launched last year. It has a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI, based one-glass solution (OGS) ultra-sensitive touch that lets you use the phone even when it’s wet or while wearing gloves. It comes with 1.8 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor with 72 core GeForce GPU for the TD-SCDMA variant and 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor with Adreno 330 GPU for the WCDMA / CDMA2000 version. It runs on MIUI v5 on top of Android. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor RS BSI sensor, 28mm lens with f/2.2 aperture and a 2-megapixel BSI front-facing camera with 30mm lens. Both the cameras can record videos at 1080p full HD resolution.
Xiaomi Mi3 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 441 PPI resolution with Corning Gorilla glass protection
- 1.8 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor / 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (MSM 8974AB) processor
- Dimensions – 114mm×72mm×8.1mm, weight: 145g
- MIUI V5 on top of Android
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony Exmor BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p full HD video recording
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16 / 64 GB internal memory
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and NFC
- 3050mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi3 comes in range of colors and is priced at 1999 Chinese Yuan ($327) for the 16GB version and the 64GB version costs 2499 Chinese Yuan ($408).