HTC has announced the Desire 300, a new Android smartphone in the desire range, along with the Desire 601. It has a 4.3-inch (800 x 480 pixels) display, powered by a 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and runs on Android Jelly Bean with Sense UI. It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera without flash and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera. HTC announced the Desire 200, an entry-level Android smartphone back in June. It uses a micro SIM and has HTC BlinkFeed, but lacks BoomSound.
HTC Desire 300 specifications
- 4.3-inch (800 x480 pixels) display
- 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- Android Jelly Bean OS with Sense UI
- 5MP auto focus rear camera with f/2.8 aperture and 34 mm lens
- 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera
- 10.12mm thick and weighs 120 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 512MB RAM, 4GB of internal storage and expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA 7.2 Mbps) , Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS /aGPS
- 1650 mAh battery
The HTC Desire 300 comes in White and Black colors and would launch in select markets in October 2013. No word on pricing yet.