Sony has finally announced the Xperia Z Ultra, the company’s latest flagship phone in the Xperia range. It has a 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with with X-Reality engine that would offer rich, natural colours, powered by 2.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. It is just 6.5mm thick and weighs 212 grams.
It has IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance. It also has Pen input with stylus that would let you write and sketch with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm). It comes in both HSPA+ (C6802) and LTE (C6806 and C6833) variants.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra specifications
- 6.4 inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974 (LTE) or MSM8274 (HSPA+)) processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Pen input with stylus
- 8MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, HDR photos & videos, 1080p video recording.
- 2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 6.5mm thick and weighs 212 grams
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory via microSD card
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3050mAh Battery
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra comes in Black, White and Purple colors. It would go on sale globally from Q3 2013. No word on pricing yet.