After making its presence felt at the Consumer Electronics show in Las Vegas this year, the Sony Xperia ZL, a full HD smartphone from Sony landed in various countries alongside its thinner brother, the Xperia Z. Running on Android 4.1.2 at launch, the device had a custom Xperia UI on top like usual, and now news comes our way that the Android 4.2.2 update for the Xperia ZL has started to roll out, starting today.
Here is the list of new features as shown in the image above –
- – Latest version of Sony Media Apps with seamless integrated services
- – my Xperia application that helps you find your phone and secure everything you have on it. Read more at myxperia.sonymobile.com
- – New Customizable navigation bar with quick settings
- – New widget functionalities, both on lockscreen and homescreen
- – Support for bigger (64GB) SD card so that you can store even more on your Xperia
The update has started to roll our for the Xperia ZL alone currently and is scheduled to start roll out soon for the Xperia Z. Some of the new features in Android 4.2.2 include lockscreen widgets and quick settings, which are integrated into the new builds as far as we can see from the changelog above. We hope it fixes the slight lag seen on the Xperia Z too, but we have to wait until it hits that device, and we will let you know when that happens. More information at the source link.