Huawei has finally announced the Ascend P6, the company’s latest flagship smartphone with metallic body at an event in London. It comes with a 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display based on in-cell LCD screen technology and MagicTouch that is responsive even when wearing gloves, powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) with new Emotion UI that comes with panoramic shoot, facial recognition photography, Themes, enhanced Easy Panel with profile selection. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with BSI sensor, F2.0 aperture and 4cm macro and 1080P full HD video recording and has IMAGESmart software with lot of features including HDR video recordin. It packs a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with auto facial-enhancing capabilities for self portraits. It is just 6.18 mm thick and weighs just 120 grams.
It has multi-screen AirSharing capability and packs a 2000 mAh battery with Automated Discontinuous Reception (ADRX) and Quick Power Control (QPC) battery optimization and power saving technology similar to the Ascend Mate.
Huawei Ascend P6 specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 8MP camera with BSI sensor, F2.0 aperture, 4cm macro lens
- 1080P full HD video recording and playback
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera with auto facial-enhancing capabilities
- 6.18 mm thick and weighs 120 grams
- 2GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory via microSD
- 3G HSPA+, dualband WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2000 mAh battery
The Huawei Ascend P6 comes in black, white and pink with matching color cases. It is priced at 449 Euros (~US$600). The Ascend P6 would go on sale in China from June and in Western Europe from July through select carriers and retailers. It would ship to over 19 countries by July.