Samsung India is holding a launch event today in Chennai where the company is expected to add an interesting device to it’s Galaxy line up of Android devices.Samsung has not yet revealed what device would be launched but Fone Arena has learned from multiple sources including retailers that Samsung would launch the Galaxy Mega[6.3 inch version], [5.8inch version]in India today. It is not clear if Samsung would launch both the 5.8 inch and 6.3 inch versions of the Galaxy Mega in India.UK pricing for the 6.3 version was revealed recently along with a July release date. So India might be one of the first few countries to get this new device. It would be worth mentioning that the 5.8 inch version is a Dual SIM phone and less expensive of the lot so we might see Samsung launching the Galaxy Mega 5.8 today. Although I would love to see them launch the 6.3 version as well.
In terms of specs Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 packs a 5.8 inch display and runs on Android 4.2 JellyBean
- 5.8-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
- 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 1.9 MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with dual standby
- 9.0 mm thick and weighs 182 grams
- 1.5 GB RAM, 8 Internal Memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- 3G HSPA＋21Mbps, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS＋GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
The Galaxy Mega 5.8 might be positioned as a successor to the hugely popular Galaxy Grand
Online retailer Infibeam has listed the Mega as coming soon.
Saholic is also listing the Galaxy Mega I9152 as coming soon.
Stay tuned for more info as FoneArena will be reporting live from the event later today.