HTC has announced the Desire P, a new Android smartphone in Taiwan. It has a 4.3-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen Super LCD2 display and is powered by a 1 GHz dual-core processor. No details about the Android version, but it is likely to run on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It has a 8MP auto focus camera at the back with LED Flash, BSI sensor for better low-light imaging and comes with Beats audio support. HTC unveiled the Desire U, a budget Android smartphone in Taiwan earlier this year.
HTC Desire P Specifications
- 4.3-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen Super LCD2 display
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Android with HTC Sense 4.0
- 10.7 mm thick and weighs 136 grams
- 8MP auto focus camera with LED Flash and BSI sensor
- 768 MB RAM, 4GB internal, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 3G, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS and GLONASS
- 1620 mAh battery
The HTC Desire P would retail for 10900 New Taiwan Dollar (~US$ 365). It would also be available on contract from Chunghwa Telecom. No details whether HTC plans to release the phone in other markets worldwide.