HTC has announced Desire U, the company’s new budget Android smartphone in Taiwan. It has a 4.0-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen display, powered by a 1 GHz processor and runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with HTC Sense UI similar to the Desire V was launched in India last year, but this has single SIM support. It has a 5MP auto focus camera at the back with LED Flash and comes with Beats audio support.
HTC Desire U Specifications
- 4.0-inch (800 x 480 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1 GHz processor
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) with HTC Sense UI
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with dual standby
- 9.32mm thick and weighs 119 grams
- 5MP auto focus camera with LED Flash
- 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- 3G, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 1650 mAh battery
The HTC Desire U would retail for 7990 New Taiwan Dollar (~US$ 274) or at NT$ 291 per month on contract from Chunghwa Telecom. No details whether HTC plans to release the phone in other markets worldwide.