Times of India has launched a new app called Alive that would let you view videos, photos, and polls related to a news just by pointing the app at a newspaper item with Alive logo. This app is available for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry and Nokia Symbian Smartphones and would offer a captivating experience for the users than just reading a newspaper. The app has crossed 250,000 downloads on the launch day, leading to 300,000 augmentation views on a single day.
Features of Alive app
- Transforms text, image, symbols, patterns or objects into a virtual experience
- View videos and picture gallery of the actual news items in the newspaper
- Voice your opinion immediately and make the newspaper more interactive;
- Share the newspaper news item on the go
- View history of the news items you have viewed
- Save the multimedia content for future viewing