Qualcomm just introduced its latest and most powerful PC processor, the Snapdragon X Elite, at the Snapdragon Summit. This new processor marks a significant advancement in premium computing, featuring top-notch CPU performance, advanced on-device AI capabilities, and exceptional energy efficiency, offering multi-day battery life.
Performance and Efficiency of Snapdragon X Elite
Snapdragon X Elite boasts a 4nm System-on-a-Chip design, housing the impressive 12-core Qualcomm Oryon CPU, equipped with Dual-Core Boost for super-fast responsiveness.
Qualcomm says that the Oryon CPU offers better Single-threaded CPU performance compared to Apple M2 Max and Intel I9-13980HX.
It also said that the Oryon CPU consumes 30% less power than the Apple M2 Max and 70% less power than the Intel I9-13980HX at peak performance.
Snapdragon X Elite claims up to 2x faster CPU performance compared to i7-1360P and i7-1355U processors and matches the peak performance of these at 68% less power. It also says that the X Elite offers 60% faster CPU performance vs i7-13800H and matches the peak performance of it at 65% less power.
The integrated Qualcomm Adreno GPU provides stunning graphics for immersive entertainment, while maintaining low power consumption, ensuring extended battery life on a single charge.
The Elite X GPU promises 2x faster GPU performance compared to i7-13800H and matches its peak performance at 74% less power. It promises up to 80% faster GPU performance compared to AMD Ryzen 9 7940Hs and matches its peak performance at 80% less power.
Designed for AI
Snapdragon X Elite is at the forefront of AI technology. It incorporates the leading Qualcomm AI Engine with the integrated Qualcomm Hexagon NPU, enabling transformative experiences in creativity, video conferencing, security, and productivity.
The processor can run generative AI LLM models with over 13 billion parameters at blazing speeds. It also supports various AI-accelerated applications and experiences.
Furthermore, the Micro NPU inside the low-power Qualcomm Sensing Hub enhances security, login, and privacy features, even in sleep mode, ensuring sensitive data remains on the device for added security.
Enhanced User Experiences
Snapdragon X Elite brings mobile experiences directly to your PC. It supports lightning-fast 5G and Wi-Fi 7 with HBS Multi-Link for seamless, jitter-free cloud connectivity, allowing you to stream, download, and sync from virtually anywhere. Snapdragon Seamless feature enables smooth device-switching experiences.
You can enjoy high-fidelity music and entertainment with wireless headphones using the Snapdragon Sound Technology Suite. The processor is backed by intelligent security features, protecting your PC from chip to cloud.
Key Features: Snapdragon X Elite
- Qualcomm Oryon CPU, 12 cores, up to 3.8 GHz, Single and Dual-Core Boost, up to 4.3 GHz
- Qualcomm Adreno GPU, Up to 4.6 TFLOPs
- Multiple days of battery life
- Dual-Core Boost for rapid responsiveness
- Industry-leading AI Engine with up to 75 TOPs
- Snapdragon X65 5G modem for fast 5G at up to 10Gbps download speed and up to 3.5Gbps upload speed;and Wi-Fi 7 connectivity with Qualcomm FastConnect 7800
- Enterprise-grade security
- Dual 18-bit ISPs, Always-sensing ISP, Dual Camera: 2x 36 MP, Single Camera: Up to 64 MP, Video Capture: 4K HDR
- AV1 encode and decode for 4K HDR video streaming
- Lossless audio for high-fidelity entertainment
- Support for up to three external UHD monitors
- Up to 64 GB LPDDR5x memory for faster AI experiences
- Storage – SD: SD v3.0, SSD/NVMe Interface: NVMe SSD over PCIe Gen 4, UFS: UFS 4.0
- Interface Type: 3x USB-C – 3x USB4, 2x USB3.2 Gen2, 1x eUSB2
- Advanced MIPI camera support for high-quality imaging
PCs powered by the Snapdragon X Elite processor are set to release starting in the middle of 2024.
Commenting on the launch, Kedar Kondap, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Compute & Gaming, Qualcomm Technologies, said:
Snapdragon X Elite marks a revolutionary step forward in computing, featuring our brand-new, custom Qualcomm Oryon CPU that promises an extraordinary blend of high-performance and exceptional energy efficiency. This innovation will not only excite consumers but also elevate their creativity and productivity to new heights. With robust on-device AI capabilities, users can seamlessly multitask and enjoy intuitive experiences, granting both consumers and businesses the power to achieve more.