Meta has unveiled its latest Ray-Ban smart glasses, created in partnership with EssilorLuxottica, at the Connect 2023 event alongside the Meta Quest 3.
These new smart glasses have been completely redesigned based on community feedback. They are now lighter and more comfortable. You can get them in the classic Wayfarer style or the new Headliner design, both in Matte Black and Shiny Black.
They also offer three transparent frame colors in Jeans, Rebel Black, and Caramel. With more than 150 frame and lens combinations on the Ray-Ban Remix platform, you can personalize them on ray-ban.com. They can also be fitted with prescription lenses.
The new Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses feature custom-designed speakers with better bass and audio quality. The five-microphone array is designed for better audio recording during videos.
They come with a 12 MP camera for improved photo and video quality, which you can easily share with a voice command. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon AR1 Gen1 Platform, these glasses offer faster processing and come with a sleek charging case with extended battery life up to 36 hours.
They are now water-resistant (IPX4), have an improved touchpad, and allow livestreaming to Facebook or Instagram with real-time comments. These glasses are integrated with Meta AI, which you can control with your voice by saying “Hey Meta” for various tasks.
Quick specifications: Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses
- Shiny Black frames with G15 Green classic lenses
- 100% UVA & UVB protection
- Both standard and large sizes available
- Camera: 12MP Ultra Wide
- Image framing / resolution: Portrait default / 3024 X 4032 pixels
- Video: Vertical default / 1440 x 1920 pixels at 30 fps
- Livestream with Direct to Social up to 30 mins
- Custom-built speaker (50% louder and double the base)
- 5 mics with immersive audio recording
- Storage: 32GB
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon AR1 Gen1 Platform
- Integrated with Meta AI Voice control
- Battery life: Up to 36h of use with fully charged case; 50% glasses charge in 20 min
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.3
- Water resistance IPX4
- OS compatibility: iOS13.0 and above / Android 8.1 and above
- Meta View Companion App
- Weight: 133g
- 1-year warranty
Pricing and availability
The new Ray-Ban Meta smart glasses, which are priced starting at USD 299 (Rs. 24,880 approx.), will be available for purchase both online and in retail stores from October 17th. However, you can already place your pre-orders on meta.com and ray-ban.com.