After rumours and certification, OPPO has officially introduced the OPPO A2 Pro, the company’s next phone in the A series in China, as the successor to last year’s A1 Pro. It packs a 6.7-inch FHD+ 120Hz curved OLED screen, is powered by Dimensity 7050 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 512GB of storage.
The phone has a 64MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth sensor and packs a 5000mAh battery with 67W fast charging that can charge up to 54% in 20 minutes and 100% in 42 minutes.
It has IP54 ratings for dust and water resistance, Diamond anti-fall structure, four years of endurance and four-year durable battery, says the company.
The company also offers a limited-period four-year battery replacement plan. If a user purchases the phone before October 8 and finds that the battery capacity does down to less than 80% within 4 years, the user can apply for a free battery replacement. OPPO has started showing battery health of a phone in some of its phone, but it is not clear how accurate this is.
OPPO A2 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch (2412×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED curved screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 2160Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, up to 950 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core (2 x 2.6GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 7050 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 13 with ColorOS 13.1
- 64MP rear camera with ƒ/1.7 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dust and water resistant (IP54)
- Dimensions: 162.7×74.3×7.99mm (composite) / 8.04mm (Leather); Weight: 185g (Leather) / 183g (composite)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 67W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The OPPO A2 Pro comes in Vast black, Desert brown, Twilight colours and is priced at 1799 yuan (USD 250 / Rs. 20,820 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 1999 yuan (USD 275 / Rs. 22,890 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 512GB model costs 2399 yuan (USD 330 / Rs. 27,470 approx.). It is already available to order and will go on sale in China starting from September 22nd.