Xiaomi just announced the MIX Fold 3, the company’s latest flagship foldable phone, at an event in China, as it had promised.
The phone has an 8.03-inch 2 Samsung Eco² Plus OLED 120Hz LTPO foldable screen. The outer screen is a 6.56-inch FHD+ Samsung E6 AMOLED panel with 120Hz refresh rate, both with up to 2600 nits peak brightness, Dolby Vision and HDR10+. There is Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection for the outer screen.
The Fold 3 uses proprietary hinge technology that uses 3-element connecting rod structure, 14 micro-hinges, 198 rotating shaft components and 1800MPa ultra-high strength steel Ultra-durable carbon ceramic steel. This offers 45° – 135° Hover mode, and the company says that it has been tested for 500,000 folds, it has certification from TÜV Rheinland. It is just 5.26mm when unfolded.
It has a 50MP main camera with Sony IMX800, sensor, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera, 10MP 3.2X portrait telephoto, OIS and a 10MP 5X periscope telephoto camera with OIS. It has Leica Summicron lens, the second generation of Leica Color Science, and 20MP front and rear selfie cameras.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Leading Version of the SoC clocked up to 3.36GHz, has up to 16GB of RAM and has VC vapor chamber cooling, and a total area of 10,943mm². The phone packs a 4800mAh battery with support for 67W wired charging that can charge up to 100% in 40 minutes and 50W wireless charging support.
Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 specifications
- Internal – 8.03-inch (2160 x 1916 pixels) 2K+ Eco² OLED Plus Samsung E6 material 4:3.55 display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 2600 nits peak brightness, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision, UTG glass protection
- External – 6.56 -inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ E6 AMOLED 21:9 display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- Up to 3.36GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Leading Version 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5X RAM with 256GB UFS 4.0 storage, 16GB LPPDDR5X RAM with 512GB /1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI Fold 14 based on Android 13
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX800 sensor, f/1.77 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP OV13B10 120° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Samsung S5K3K1 3.2x telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture, 10MP Samsung S5K3K1 5x periscope telephoto camera, f/2.92 aperture, OIS, 30cm super-macro shooting , Leica optics 8K video recording
- 20MP OV20B inner and outer front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual 1115 speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.2×73.5(folded), 143.28(unfolded)×10.96mm(folded) (Black/Gold) / 10.86mm (Fiber Version), 5.26mm(unfolded) ; Weight: 259g (Black/Gold) / 255g (Fiber Version)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, NFC
- 4800mAh (Typical) battery with 67W fast charging, 50W wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi MIX Fold 3 comes in Black and Gold, as well as an aerospace grade Xiaomi composite fiber version in black that integrates high-strength aramid and ceramic fibers.
It is priced at 8,999 yuan (USD 1239 / Rs. 1,03,620 approx.) for 12GB+256GB, 9,999 yuan (USD 1376 / Rs. 1,15,135 approx.) for 16GB+512GB and the top-end 16GB+1TB model costs 10,999 yuan (USD 1514 / Rs. 1,25,990 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China starting from August 16th.