Xiaomi is anticipated to unveil the Redmi 12, a new 4G smartphone in the Redmi 12 series, soon. The phone was accidentally listed on Xiaomi Portugal website, revealing important specifications. The company has removed the page, but Kacper Skrzypek spotted it.
Redmi 12 specifications looks fairly decent. The display is 6.79-inch Full HD+ 90Hz. It includes a punch hole in the center that houses an 8MP front-facing camera, and the display type is currently unknown but is likely to be an LCD screen.
The MediaTek Helio G88 SoC powers the phone. This processor is built on a 12nm technology and is paired with an ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU. The Redmi 12 supports up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage.
The phone’s rear boasts a triple camera configuration that includes a 50MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP depth/macro sensor. The Redmi 12 also has a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging capability.
Redmi 12 Expected Specifications
- 6.79-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G88 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB / 8GB RAM with 128GB/256GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP macro/depth camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 168.60×76.28×8.17mm; Weight: 198.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The Redmi 12 will come in Blue, Black and White colours and is listed for €209.99 (USD 225 / Rs. 18,535 approx.) in Portugal. The phone is expected to be announced soon in more global markets. The phone is also expected to launch in India soon.