JioCinema has announced that it has clocked over 1300 crore video views in the first five weeks of the TATA IPL 2023, which it says is a new global benchmark in the world of digital sports viewing
JioCinema stats for TATA IPL 2023
- Average time spent per viewer per match touched 60 minutes
- TATA IPL 2023 on Connected TV reached twice the number of viewers than that on HD TV.
- On April 12th, JioCinema clocked a 2.23 Cr. peak during the Chennai Super Kings vs Rajasthan Royals match.
- Five days later, during Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings fixture, JioCinema broke the record again with a concurrency of 2.4 Cr.
- Record number of advertisers have signed up on JioCinema, both significantly higher than last year on digital. The list of brands joining the digital bandwagon is expected to grow further.
- JioCinema has 26 top brands partnering for their digital streaming of TATA IPL 2023
- Defending champions Gujarat Titans, five-time champion Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Delhi Capitals announced exclusive partnerships with JioCinema in the lead-up to the 2023 edition.
Viacom18 has the Tata IPL digital streaming rights from 2023-27. Jio-Cinema already said said that digital is seeing its direct benefit, and it is streaming IPL matches for free, which has boosted IPL’s viewership on the digital platform.
As the IPL moves towards the finals, the number of viewers on Jio-Cinema is expected to increase.
Commenting on the new milestone, Viacom18 Sports CEO, Anil Jayaraj, said:
JioCinema continues to grow from strength to strength every week and it is based on clear evidence of consumer’s outright preference of catching the TATA IPL on digital.
The combination of outstanding cricket action and our robust platform proved the stellar opening weekend was just the beginning of bigger things to come. I would like to thank all our sponsors, advertisers, and partners for showing faith in our journey as we continue to elevate every fan’s TATA IPL viewing experience.