HUAWEI has announced the launch of its latest Watch 4 series smartwatches. These watches come with a 1.5-inch LTPO sapphire screen and a titanium case, among other features. It’s worth noting that this announcement comes after HUAWEI’s recent global release of the P60 Pro and Mate X3.
The HUAWEI Watch 4 series, which comes in three different versions, each with a unique strap – Black fluoroelastomer, titanium alloy, and brown leather. Among the series, the Watch 4 Pro stands out with its 48mm titanium case, 1.5-inch LTPO AMOLED display covered in sapphire glass, and an incredibly light weight of just 48 grams. On the other hand, the Watch 4 is slightly smaller, with a 46mm stainless steel case.
One of the most notable features of the HUAWEI Watch 4 Pro is its TruSeen 5.0 technology, which offers a range of health functions, such as arterial stiffness detection, skin temperature detection, ECG, SpO2 monitoring, heart rate monitoring, and TruSleep tracking.
The watch has a ‘route back’ feature, an AI running coach, and one-tap fall detection for emergency help. Both watches offer Bluetooth calling and e-SIM support, along with an integrated microphone and speaker, for communication purposes.
Moreover, both the HUAWEI Watch 4 Pro and Watch 4 also offer a convenient “One-minute seven-point health overview” function. This feature provides a quick summary of seven different metrics, including 24×7 heart rate, SpO2, stress, skin temperature, ECG, arterial stiffness, and breathing data.
All health tracking data is saved and can be viewed on the HUAWEI Health App for easy monitoring, along with software updates. Additionally, both watches support cloud-based watch faces and other features.
Moreover, the HUAWEI Watch 4 Pro and Watch 4 are equipped with eSIM compatibility and built-in GPS, as well as many other useful features like golf driving range mode and free diving mode.
In addition, they provide a 5ATM water resistance rating and a battery life that lasts up to 4.5 days or 21 days in ultra-long battery life mode for the Pro version and 3 days or 14 days in ultra-long battery life mode for the regular Watch 4.
Quick Specifications: HUAWEI Watch 4 series
- Display: Watch 4 Pro has a 48mm titanium case and 1.5-inch LTPO AMOLED display covered in sapphire glass; Watch 4 has a 46mm stainless steel case
- Strap options: Black fluoroelastomer, titanium alloy, and brown leather
- Lightweight at just 48 grams (Watch 4 Pro)
- Health monitoring: TruSeen 5.0 technology for arterial stiffness detection, skin temperature detection, ECG, SpO2 monitoring, heart rate monitoring, and TruSleep tracking
- Other features: Route back feature, AI running coach, and one-tap fall detection for emergency help, Golf driving range mode and free diving mode
- Battery life lasts up to 4.5 days/21 days in ultra-long battery life mode for the Watch 4 Pro and up to 3 days/14 days in ultra-long battery life mode for Watch 4.
- Health monitoring: One-minute seven-point health overview function for a quick summary of seven different metrics: 24×7 heart rate, SpO2, stress, skin temperature, ECG, arterial stiffness, and breathing data
- Cloud-based watch faces; HUAWEI Health App
- eSIM compatibility and built-in GPS
- 5ATM water resistance rating
Pricing and availability
The HUAWEI Watch 4 costs €449 (US$ 491 / Rs. 40,330 approx.) and comes with a black fluoroelastomer strap.
The HUAWEI Watch 4 Pro has a starting price of €699 (US$ 765 / Rs. 62,785 approx.) for the titanium strap and €549 (US$ 601 / Rs. 49,310 approx.) for the brown leather strap.
The watches will be available for pre-sale on June 8, 2023, and will go on sale globally on June 22, 2023.