POCO has launched POCO F5, the company’s latest F series phone and the successor to last year’s POCO F4 in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with support for Dolby Vision, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, and 2.2mm ultra-narrow bottom bezel.
It is the first phone in India to be powered by Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 SoC. The phone has vapour chamber cooling with an area of about 3725mm² compared to 3112 mm² in the POCO F4, which translates to about a 19.7% increase in size. It also has 14 layers of graphite sheet covering, 10000 mm²
of total area.
The phone has a 64MP rear camera with OIS, 2x in sensor lossless zoom, 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP macro camera. There are different camera modes – Film Camera KG200, Film Camera H-400, Film Camera C-50D, Film Camera KP160, Film Camera KC64, Film Camera FC400 and Film Camera V-250.
The white variant of the phone has an Iceflake texture. It packs a 5000mAh battery with 67W fast charging. The phone runs Android 13 with MIUI 14. The company has promised 2 OS updates and 3 years of security updates for the phone.
POCO F5 specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) OLED display with 30 / 60 / 90 / 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1000 nits peak brightness, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Up to 2.91GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 4nm processor with Adreno 725 580MHz GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with 1/2″ sensor, f/1.79 aperture, OIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio certification
- Dimensions: 161.11×74.95×7.9mm; Weight: 181g
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G ( 5G (SA) : n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n77/n78, 5G (NSA) : n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n77/n78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 67W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The POCO F5 comes in Carbon Black, Sandstorm White and Electric Blue colours and is priced at Rs. 29,999 for the 8GB + 256GB version and the 12GB + 256GB version costs Rs. 33,999. It will be available from Flipkart starting from May 16th. The company offers 2 years of warranty.
- Rs. 3000 instant discount with ICICI Bank Debit and Credit cards or exchange
- Extra Rs. 1000 off in exchange for POCO phones