Philips has launched TAB8967 Dolby Atmos Soundbar with wireless subwoofer in India. The company had launched two other soundbars last year, the TAB8947 and TAB7807.
The Philips TAB8967 soundbar is a newly launched product that offers a multidimensional audio experience using 5.1.2 CH Dolby Atmos technology and 780W dynamic sound output. With its front firing, rear, and up-firing speakers, this soundbar provides a 360-degree surround effect that enhances the user’s overall viewing experience, especially when integrated with Dolby Atmos – Dolby Digital Plus.
Additionally, its 8” wireless subwoofer creates a powerful sound that fills any room with soundtracks, effects, and dialogue. The soundbar has a slim and unique geometric design, making it convenient to place under or beside a television. The user can also stream hi-res playlists from their mobile device using Chromecast, Apple AirPlay 2, or Bluetooth, and it allows for seamless connection of 4K HDR video sources without any loss of resolution.
Quick specifications: Philips TAB8967 Soundbar 5.1.2 with wireless subwoofer
- Number of sound channels: 5.1.2
- Center speaker drivers: 1 mid-low driver; 1 tweeter
- Front speaker drivers: 2 mid-low drivers; 2 tweeters (L+R)
- Up-firing speakers: 2 full range drivers (L+R)
- Subwoofer type: Active; Wireless subwoofer
- Sound Enhancement: Treble and Bass Control, Audio sync and Subwoofer volume control
- Equalizer settings: Movie, Music, Voice, Stadium and Custom
- Speaker system output power: 780W max / 390W RMS (10 % THD)
- Video Enhancement: 4K Video Pass-through, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG
- Connectivity: USB playback, 1x HDMI IN, HDMI Out (eARC/ARC), Optical input, Aux in, Dual band Wi-Fi
- Remote control
- Works with Ok Google, Apple Airplay 2, Built-in Chromecast
- Wall mountable
Pricing and availability
The Philips TAB8967 soundbar is priced at Rs. 44,990 and will be available for purchase at all leading online and offline stores across the country from today.
Commenting on the launch, Piush Sharma, India Business Head, Philips TV and Audio Business, TPV Technology India Pvt. Ltd said,
The soundbar market has grown exponentially. Consumers want better audio quality and products that can improve their entertainment experience. That’s why we have launched this new premium soundbar, that will give consumers a true surround sound experience with realistic and immersive sound flows. We will keep introducing new and advanced innovations to meet the changing needs of our consumers.